Author Topic: 2x SAR12 mag pouch in Multicam w/WTFix  (Read 2621 times)

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 286
  • Likes Given: 52
2x SAR12 mag pouch in Multicam w/WTFix
« on: December 04, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »
2x SAR12 mag pouch in Multicam w/WTFix

BOgear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BOgear Website
  • Liked: 43
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: 2x SAR12 mag pouch in Multicam w/WTFix
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »
First off, so neat, so clean. Absolutely love all your work. Nailing it every time.  :)

Now, how did you line up the hypalon (holding down the female SRB) on the fabric?

Looks like you put a drill hole through the fabric and then lined it up with a semi-circle notch in the hypalon. Normally people hide drill holes for aesthetic reasons and customer fear of "OMG MY BAG HAS A HOLE IN IT". Whats your thoughts and reasoning? Intrigued.

I can see this how you did it with the hypalon rig, and in this instance works a treat, looks good, and from a customer perspective wont freak them out.

If my theory is correct, why didn't you hide the hole underneath the hypalon? This is easy to do when you cut the hypalon, just make a hole in the bottom layer, which then lines up with a slightly lower hole in the fabric. Insert female SRB, and then the top layer of hypalon hides all the holes.

Intrigued! :)
BOgear: http://www.bogear.com.au   |   Blog: http://www.bogear.com.au/blog   |   Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @bogear

Diz

• View Profile
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:48:52 AM »
Wow, now that's really forward-thinking.  I can see this mainstream in a year or so.  Probably Eagle, or should I say BAE Systems, will claim credit for coming up with the idea.

I'm currently working on upgrading my helmet rig, and these attachment concepts would work well with attaching IR beacons and the like.  For example, I just made a pouch and attachment system for a Phoenix Jr strobe, and a bungee retention strap for the rear battery counter-weight pouch.  Using WTFix vice webbing would reduce bulk and weight.  And on the helmet cover itself, WTF molle grids would make attaching all this stuff a lot easier.  Especially with Velcro.  Look at the Revision "gunfighter" cut  helmet cover to get an idea of what I'm talking about.  They use 3 pieces of 1" Velcro to make a molle panel on the back, but think of how much stronger that would be with WTFix.  And a battery pouch with the WTFix  would be the bomb!  You could get rid of all that reinforcing shock cord.

Gonna put that on the list.

Did not mean to hijack thread, just fascinated by all the possibilities.   
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:41:29 AM by Diz »

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »
First off, so neat, so clean. Absolutely love all your work. Nailing it every time.  :)

Thanks!  It's meaningful coming from you.

Quote from: BOgear
Now, how did you line up the hypalon (holding down the female SRB) on the fabric?

Looks like you put a drill hole through the fabric and then lined it up with a semi-circle notch in the hypalon. Normally people hide drill holes for aesthetic reasons and customer fear of "OMG MY BAG HAS A HOLE IN IT". Whats your thoughts and reasoning? Intrigued.

I can see this how you did it with the hypalon rig, and in this instance works a treat, looks good, and from a customer perspective wont freak them out.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment.  I've got a pretty solid system for marking the edge of fabric to locate centers or anything folded into the seam.  As you noted, it's not a big deal as it will not be seen by the customer.  I'm still figuring out the finer points of intelligent surface mounted component locating.

Quote from: BOgear
If my theory is correct, why didn't you hide the hole underneath the hypalon? This is easy to do when you cut the hypalon, just make a hole in the bottom layer, which then lines up with a slightly lower hole in the fabric. Insert female SRB, and then the top layer of hypalon hides all the holes.

Intrigued! :)

Again, this would be the way to do it.  It's not any additional labor and it will look much cleaner :)

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
Wow, now that's really forward-thinking.  I can see this mainstream in a year or so.  Probably Eagle, or should I say BAE Systems, will claim credit for coming up with the idea.

I'm currently working on upgrading my helmet rig, and these attachment concepts would work well with attaching IR beacons and the like.  For example, I just made a pouch and attachment system for a Phoenix Jr strobe, and a bungee retention strap for the rear battery counter-weight pouch.  Using WTFix vice webbing would reduce bulk and weight.  And on the helmet cover itself, WTF molle grids would make attaching all this stuff a lot easier.  Especially with Velcro.  Look at the Revision "gunfighter" cut  helmet cover to get an idea of what I'm talking about.  They use 3 pieces of 1" Velcro to make a molle panel on the back, but think of how much stronger that would be with WTFix.  And a battery pouch with the WTFix  would be the bomb!  You could get rid of all that reinforcing shock cord.

Gonna put that on the list.

Did not mean to hijack thread, just fascinated by all the possibilities.   

Thanks!

Let me know if you'd like to investigate a Hypalon solution :)