Author Topic: A Better Facebook Newsfeed  (Read 1390 times)

JTT

• View Profile
    • Jerking the Trigger
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 1
A Better Facebook Newsfeed
« on: December 17, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
I use Facebook to keep up on what is going on around the industry and I suspect that many of you are like me. When I first started JTT, my Facebook newsfeed was awesome. I was tracking thousands of pages and didn't seem to miss a thing. Shortly after Facebook's IPO, that seemed to change. I saw less and less of what I actually cared about in my feeds and it became less valuable to me since it was generating less and less content for me to write about.

I see a lot of pages encouraging their audience to use the "get notifications" option for their page or to like and comment to ensure that their page ends up in their audience's feed. That can work I guess but is better suited to people who only track a page or two. Most people I know track several pages. The notifications can be overwhelming and I just don't have time to like and comment on items from thousands of pages. So, I replaced my newsfeed all together.

You can create what Facebook calls "interest lists" and use these to organize all of the pages/people that you watch. I think Facebook intended these to be used to organize different pages by type but the beauty of them is that when you read an interest list, you see EVERYTHING that every page on the list posts in one place. It looks just like your news feed but it is always set to most recent and you don't miss anything. So, rather than just using the interest list to organize my pages, I use it as a massive, all-seeing newsfeed replacement. Whenever I like a page, I also add them to an interest list. I have the interest list bookmarked so that I don't have to hunt through Facebook menus to find it.

It took a lot of time to go back add all the pages to the list but it was worth it. Now I don't miss a thing.

mogensbeck

• View Profile
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: A Better Facebook Newsfeed
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:31:52 PM »
Thanks for the good point, think i will start to do the same.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: A Better Facebook Newsfeed
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:15:41 AM »
Hmpf, how did I not know about this?? Thanks.