Author Topic: Credit Card Processing  (Read 940 times)

Right Side Gear

• View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Credit Card Processing
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:07:38 PM »
Who are you using for mobile credit card processing services. I'm currently using PayPal, but I'm starting to get request from my LEO friends to make and carry items that PayPal might see as being prohibited per there policies.

I have checked out Square but they have the same policy as PayPal, Sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.

The last thing I want to do after getting back from a show is to sit down and have to jump through hoops to get my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 261
  • Likes Given: 256
Re: Credit Card Processing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
I use stripe. As with all of these processing companies, they have a section on prohibited business. I'd contact them directly to clarify.

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »
Can you simply instate a "part number" instead a full-length description of what that "part" actually is on your invoices sent out?

Say, instead of saying "suppressor cover sleeve in woodland camo..." you say "S.C.S:WC..."

Just a thought of a workaround. Not breaking the rules, just bending them to your specific needs without jumping through hoops with your payment processor :)

-Dan

Thr3Six

• View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 11:45:12 PM »
Or create different groups of users (LEO Only) that have different permissions to view different items and then use acronyms like stated before.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 267
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
Awhile back, Arizona's very own McMillan established McMillan Merchant Solutions after their vendor dropped them.  They offer credit card processing services.  I've not used them.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-merchant-solutions/

Right Side Gear

• View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies. I have gone with Square. After doing more research and talking with vendors who use Square, there big thing is firearms and NFA parts.

As my credit card sales increase for face to face transactions I will look into McMillan and other merchant services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk