Author Topic: Padded Leg Rig  (Read 4884 times)

WPJ

• View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Padded Leg Rig
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. They are always appreciated.

I wanted the straps to remain attached to the rig when the side release buckles are opened and I don't want the user to have to undo his belt in order to slide loops on. The straps also need to be adjustable for ride height. The rig doesn't need to be adjustable when plugged into armour, just plug and go.

I thought you wanted to keep tue straps attached, if you want them removable instead of sewing them to the rig, just fold and stick through the make SRB.  Ill email a few pics can you post them?

WPJ

• View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 02:44:28 PM »
Here is the link to the pictures of the strap option I mentioned below.  http://1drv.ms/1Lwxu35

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 10:44:42 PM »
I picked up about a half yard each of 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch landau underpad at an upholstery shop today at around $18 and $25 a yard.  I have used the 3/8 inch before to make padded slings and shoulder straps, but I think the 1/4 inch is going to be the winner for padded straps.

I have to say, that 3mm yoga mat I got at walmart for $8 has been holding on tough.

Do you have a good supply contact for ordering the landau stuff?

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 272
  • Likes Given: 269