Author Topic: Safariland elastic leg strap source  (Read 937 times)

sfA25

• LEO by day, leather crafter/gear maker at night.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Safariland elastic leg strap source
« on: December 07, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »
I thought this would've been asked by now, but a search came up with nothing. Does anyone have a source for the
rubber impregnated elastic, that Safariland (and several other companies) use? Looking at getting a 1.5Ē full roll, in black.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: Safariland elastic leg strap source
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:47:07 AM »
I don't have a source, but if you ask for "gripper elastic" from your usual suppliers you're probably getting tons of options.

Google also has tons of hits from ebay, amazon and alibaba, but that could be kinda sketchy and impossible to trace down the actual source and spec.

sfA25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 05:09:49 PM »
Been doing all that. I use MMI for rolled goods. The easy route would be to ask the companies where they source it (Safariland, T-Rex, True North). I thought it would easier to ask here.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 03:45:16 AM »
The fact that it's a US made product (since the holsters are Berry Compliant) means that there is a seriously limited amount of possibilities.
https://www.calwebmills.com/ seems like a plausible source that at least publicly has the right category.

OC Tactical sells this; http://stores.octactical.com/multicam-1-5-inch-elastic-with-silicone-backing/
Which is from Murdock webbing. Might have been a custom product, but if you haven't asked Murdock you probably want to give them a call.

sfA25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 05:57:13 PM »
Essal, thanks for the help. Everyone is holding this source close to the chest. Iíve emailed a few companies and have only gotten  ďI donít knowĒ, or similar such answers. I didnít want to press the issue more, so I just left it at that. Maybe one day, someone will find out. Iíll check with calwebbing. I saw the strap OC carries- I thought I emailed them too, but I guess I didnít (emailed a bunch of companies)! Iíll check with him.

sfA25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »
Hey all-

So, Iíll post this info here in case someone comes searching in the future.

Murdock does produce this webbing, however it is a custom batch. It can always be custom produced, but the minimum would be approximately 7500 yards.

Also, the minimum purchase order is $1500. If anyone ever wants to do a group buy, Iíd be in! Just an FYI!