Author Topic: Bartacker help  (Read 402 times)

gman

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 1
Bartacker help
« on: March 17, 2021, 05:09:45 AM »
Hey folks,

Trying to make sense of the bartacker world and I have to admit that I'm now more confused than when I started!

Looking to primarily sew 1" and 3/4" webbing and occasionally something wider.

Do you have any suggestions, tips, and advice?   

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 304
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: Bartacker help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »
Collier Equipment.  Tell them what you're trying to do.  Plan on spending at least $2500 delivered for a used electronic tacker.

If you're more interested in pretending to be an obsolete sewing tech, get a cam tacker.  If you want to make money and reduce fatigue, get an electronic tacker.

gman

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 03:29:44 PM »
Collier Equipment.  Tell them what you're trying to do.  Plan on spending at least $2500 delivered for a used electronic tacker.

If you're more interested in pretending to be an obsolete sewing tech, get a cam tacker.  If you want to make money and reduce fatigue, get an electronic tacker.

Haha! Great answer. And I agree, I've been looking at electronic tackers for the reasons you've mentioned!   

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 12:02:26 AM »
I have two tackers in my shop, an older Brother 42 stitch cam tacker, and a Juki LK-1900BN-HS. The Juki is definitely more versatile, so if you're running a small business out of a second bedroom, or need a machine to perform various operations(you can get different clamp setups from places like Collier, Camatron, etc). If all you "need" is a 42 stitch 1" tack, then an older cam tacker CAN be used. Lots of factories still employ them as daily drivers in production lines. However, the versatility of the newer digital units cannot be overlooked. As Ryan pointed out, look at spending $2500 and up for an older electronic unit. Make sure to check what subclass it is, as tackers can have various factory setups which incorporate different internal parts for light, medium, heavy, extra heavy, etc specs.