Author Topic: Read before posting  (Read 2678 times)

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 85
  • Likes Given: 40
Read before posting
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »
This is an environment of sharing and encouragement.  This is not a place for shenanigans.

Respect yourself and others.  Be cool.

Don't stomp others' posts.  If you have criticism to offer, great.  Express your thoughts in a respectful manner identifying the perceived deficiency and offer your solution(s).  There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism.  Any amount of success typically requires an ability to handle it.  While every participant should expect and encourage criticism, one should not fear being chastised for an honest submission.  Encourage others to succeed.

Communities like this have an excellent side effect of weeding out the undesirables.  Sometimes a turd finds its way to the punchbowl.  Pirates and scoundrels will not be tolerated.  Be professional.  It's not that difficult to make money with original ideas in a legitimate fashion.

Pushing your brand  There are designated areas.  Do it there.  Don't spam with ads and links.  Feel free to share your website(s) in your signature.  Share your brand, links, etc upon introduction and when sharing work.

Full disclosure
  If you are the owner, representative, associate, employee, or otherwise intimately associated with a brand; your relationship and a link to the brand's website or social media shall be posted in your sigline.

Selling your stuff
  There is a designated area.  It is intended for raw materials, tools, and machinery.  Police yourselves, vet buyers and sellers, don't send something without first receiving payment.  Nobody is responsible for your actions or decisions but you.  Do not sell your finished products here.  You should have a website for that.  If you don't, this community will get you pointed in the right direction.

Blogs, reviewers, etc
  gearmaker.org encourage media outlets to share gearmaker.org content.  Please feel free to share posts from gearmaker.org on your media streams.  Please credit the appropriate member/company by posting a link to their site and/or facebook.  Please credit gearmaker.org by posting a link to our site and/or gearmaker.org's facebook.

I'm a purchaser, evaluator, .gov rep, etc
  Excellent!  Welcome aboard!  Several companies here have their DUNS and CAGE and understand .gov purchasing protocol.  If you need to maintain a certain anonymity, we have relationships with vetted .mil contacts to assist in evaluating a project.  Just ask.

I'm not necessarily a gearmaker but I do fancy myself an enthusiast
  That's cool.  All gearmakers now, at some point, were not.  Everyone starts somewhere.  All are welcome here but please only contribute in a meaningful manner.  Please don't litter the forum with, "cool story, bro," or, "zomgbbqsammiches!  I need to buy that now!"  If you think what someone posted is totally neato, try PMing or emailing them.  Now that we've installed a, "like," mod, click the like icon to express your appreciation.  Posts irrelevant to a topic may be deleted.

There is an amazing resource here.  Please treat it with respect for today and tomorrow.  Despite what some may say, bandwidth is not financially crippling.  So long as there is activity, this site will be maintained.  Should it be decided we no longer wish to financially support this forum, we'll pass it along to a vetted party.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:52:12 PM by gearmaker.org »